The magazine was honored to organize its first flagship event “All Pakistan Startup Expo and Awards 2015” at Pak-China Friendship Centre, Islamabad on 9th May, 2015. It was by far, a one of a kind event and the biggest festival highlighting the startups and entrepreneurs in Pakistan. Staying loyal to their mission of rebuilding Pakistan through entrepreneurship, Startup Magazine provided a platform to aspiring and current risk takers of the country to come forward and present their ideas to the world. It was a unique opportunity where ideas and innovations were not only encouraged but also recognized and awarded.
Startup Expo 2015 provided would-be entrepreneurs, students and professionals an opportunity to learn and address entrepreneurial trends with Pakistan’s policy makers, successful entrepreneurs and seasoned academicians under one roof.
- 100 Startups from all across Pakistan displayed their products and services in front of 5000 plus visitors (entrepreneurs, academia, corporate sector, families, and business incubation centers).
- Event was inaugurated by honorable chief guest, Mr. Jahangir Khan Tareen, renowned industrialist, entrepreneur and politician.
- Personalized sessions with the mentors and gurus were witnessed by participating startups.
- Open forum discussion on ‘Women and Startups’ stressed on the rising need for more women entrepreneurs in the country.
- Panel discussions that revolved around various entrepreneurial themes.
- 10 exclusive awards were handed out to the participating startups that won in the event and the award ceremony was inaugurated by Mr. Shahid Khaqan Abbasi.
- Iconic musical night by Jal the band was thoroughly enjoyed by the audience.