In order to give a head start to the young to-be entrepreneurs of the country, Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI) has organized a fortnightly training program by the name of “Startup Boot Camp”. The first training session was launched on the 30th & 31st of July, 2016 (Saturday & Sunday).
This two day weekend program for student entrepreneurs comprises of training modules, practical activities, interactive discussions, networking, lunch, tea and certificates.
The five training modules are as follow:
- Evaluating and Prioritizing Business Opportunities
- Market Research
- Selling and Promotions Plan
- Resources Required in Building a Startup
- Financial Considerations
10 student entrepreneurs participated in the first boot camp session. Some of their business ideas were:
- An engineering solutions firm for oil and gas companies
- A women skill development center
- Educational trainings in Gilgit Baltistan
- Online tuition center for kids
Over the course of two days, the students were thoroughly trained on the know-hows of starting a business. Three startup founders from the industry also shared their personal and professional experiences with the participants. They were:
- Shahid Rana (Founder – Delivery Ten)
- Ali Qasim (Founder – KnowWhere Solutions)
- Nasir Ayub (Spectra Trainings)
The 2nd Boot Camp Session will be held on the 20th & 21st of August, 2016 (Saturday & Sunday). This is going to be one thrilling weekend, with lots of fun and learning.