By Muhammad Farrukh Mehmood
- First of all you start with WHAT your product is all about.
- Then you define WHO your target market is. What are their demographics? Preferences?
- Is this product Pakistan based or international?
- The brand is not just a unique identity; it’s a promise.
- What promise will you make to your customers? For instance some beverages promise, “I quench thirst.” Others go a step further and promise, “I quench thirst and I’m promoting a healthy lifestyle.” So, decide how will your promise stand out from others?
- The most interesting aspect of starting your business is the chance to bring out your own unique personality. Once you do that, you become able to creatively “play” with your product.
- Think of yourself as a content publisher. What is the story and philosophy behind your product? Write it up and publish it online on your website/social media and tell people what you are going to do.
- As they say, “The devil is in the details”, so you can keep on modifying your product with all the interesting tools.
- It’s the customer that identifies the need in the market. You should be able to give them the required solutions.
- Make your content as captivating as possible. There are some who like to read, there are some who like to watch, there are some who like to see. Have something for everyone. If they don’t read the content, post photos about it. If they don’t like photos as well, upload it in the form of a video.
The possibilities are endless!